Central Banking – TYBBI Syllabus
Central Banking – Syllabus Overview
- Why Central Banks? An overview of the functions of Central banks: Objectives of central banks. RBI-Role functions and organizational structure.
- Instruments of central banking policy- bank rate, cash reserve ratio(CRR), Open market operations , selective credit control etc. Their working & efficacy in the Indian context
- RBI and rural credit, industrial finance. RBI and non- banking financial companies. Regulation and supervision.
- Financial sector reform and the role of the RBI.
- Credit creation and money supply determination process, reserve money and money supply; the sources and uses of money supply.
- The conduct of central banking in open and market-oriented economies. Uncertainties and risks in integrated financial systems; the new orientations in traditional functions; the changing face of monetary policy management in open and market oriented economics; transmission mechanism of monetary policy.
- Issues of financial stability and autonomy and independence of Central banks.