Financial Services is all about those organization which manage money. E.g. banks, insurance companies, credit card companies, stock brokerages, investment banks and so on. Any service or product of a financial nature is a financial service. Financial service companies serve retail and commercial consumers. Examples of popular companies in financial services sector are: Berkshire Hathaway, American Express, E-Trade Financial Corporation, etc.
Here we present FYBBI Sem 1 Syllabus: Environment and Management of Financial Services:
- Institutional set- up
- Marketing Structure
- Overview of different kinds of financial services. (e.g Leasing, Hire purchase, factoring, forfaiting, Bill financing/Bill discounting, housing finance, letter of credit, insurance, venture capital, merchant banking, stock broking and credit rating.)
- Meaning, Definition and scope of Banking and Insurance.
Phases of Development of Banking and Insurance
- Significance and Role of Banking and Insurance in mobilizing savings, investment, accumulation and economic growth.
- Functions and working of banking and insurance companies
Management, Regulation and Development
- Risk management within the organizations of Banks and Insurance companies
- Asset – Liability Management in Banking and Insurance
- Organisational structure and management
Regulatory & Developmental Framework of Banking & Insurance.
- Banking companies and RBI Acts and legal framework governing the insurance.
- Developmental Activities of RBI and IRDA
- Mechanism of supervision and regulation.
- Prudential Norms.