International Banking and Finance – TYBBI Syllabus
International Banking and Finance – Syllabus Overview
- Evolution of international banking
- International banking : A Functional Overview –Banking for financing of exports and imports of goods and goods and services. international payments system.
- International capital markets-financial market flows beyond national boundaries, Debt and non-debt flows ; volatile and stable flows; interest rate differentials and their role in demand for and supply of funds across borders.
- Offshore banking centers and their role international financing ,Global Balance sheet of banks. asset and liability managements of foreign banks
- International lending, policies and practices, transaction cost and risk in international lending. Profitability of international banking. loans to foreign corporation, syndicated loans ; financing foreign government s. Issues of information symmetries and adverse selection. Regulatory and supervisory aspects .Trends in international banking in India
- Foreign exchange risks; the exchange rate swings and their effects on bank’s net worth.
- Perception international rating agencies. Country risk. International financial stability and the central role of banks in financial stability.
- Issues relating to international financial architecture.