Name – Jyoti Shyamal Gupta
College Name – Khar Education Society College
Course Name – BBI
Rank in TY Sem V : 1st
GPA / Percentage: 70.72%
1) Tell us about yourself?
My name is Jyoti Shyamal Gupta. I stay in Bandra. I am studying from Khar Education Society College of Commerce. Currently I am doing Banking and Insurance course.
2) How does it feel to be a Topper of the college in TY Sem V exams?
Being topper of the college in TY Sem 5 exam really makes me feel happy. I am proud of myself. Because I had never expected it. It just a miracle that has happened with me.
3) Whom will you credit your success to?
Firstly I would like to give credit to my college teachers who have always been there to support me. I would also like to give credit to one of my friend who helped me in my studies.
4) Did you start preparing from the first day of your TY Sem V?
No, I never prepared from the first day of the semester. Frankly speaking, I studied only 1 month before the exam.
5) How did you study for Sem V?
I read all the lessons and I think and write the answers on paper which helps out to achieve more marks in exam. I just read twice or thrice 1 subject before exams and write the answers in my own words.
6) Which are the easy subjects in Sem V?
SAPM, FRA, Auditing.
7) Any special way of writing the answers? Do you write answers in bullet points or in paragraphs?
Actually I write my answers in my own words. I think writing answers in own words helps us to achieve more marks.
8) How do you crack case studies in theory and practical subjects?
I crack case studies by thinking practically about the situation.
9) Did you draw any diagram in any paper? Is it mandatory? Does it help to get more marks?
Yes, drawing diagrams actually helps to get more marks in exams. Whenever there is a need of diagrams in any answer, I draw a diagram and explain it.
10)Any specific study pattern adopted i.e. timetable / how many hours per subject per day etc.?
Yes, first and foremost I prepare my timetable to decide how to study and when to study. I take 2 to 3 days for each subject and make a target of completing my portion on time.
11) How do you fight against mood swings and distractions during exam preparation?
If my mind gets distracted while studying, I take a break and start studying again. Usually I take a break after completing 1 or 2 answers.
12) If you are made the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University, what changes would you like to initiate in Indian education system?
I think the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University is quite good in dealing with the Indian education system.
13) Many students prepare sincerely but constantly live under fear that they are not from big college / not from English medium and eventually lose confidence. What message would you like to these students?
According to me, I don’t think so any college decides our career. And not even medium will decide from what background we have come from. A person must be confident with himself. From whether college or medium or certificate or degree will not matter. Only being confident at toughest times is the biggest challenge.
14) Through this struggle and success, what have you learned? What is the wisdom of life and competition?
Struggle and success plays an important role in our life. Struggles and problems helps us to become strong and helps to gain experience which is good for our future.
15) Your feedback/suggestions for BBI.co.in?
BBI.co.in is useful as it helps to keep us updated with the latest news in banking and insurance sector.