Name –Veronica Fernandes
College Name – St.Andrew’s college bandra west
Course Name – BBI
Rank in TY Sem V : 1st
GPA / Percentage:78%
1) Tell us about yourself?
I am creative, self sufficient, confident , work better under stress, not a nerd , passionate about dance.
2) How does it feel to be a Topper of the college in TY Sem V exams?
It was surprising to me. Since i was not confident of the subjects :- IBF, FRA
3) Whom will you credit your success to?
My parents and especially my sister who takes good care of me during my exams n manages all the household chores all by herself. Also my 12 std college professors because of whom i write lovely answers.
4) Did you start preparing from the first day of your TY Sem V?
No, i always begin a month before examinations, and pay attention to what is taught in class.
5) How did you study for Sem V?
I divided 6 subjects with 30 days and studied accordingly practicing FRA daily.
6) Which are the easy subjects in Sem V?
FRA, marketing, sapm , FSM .
7) Any special way of writing the answers? Do you write answers in bullet points or in paragraphs?
I write with an INTRODUCTION- MEANING -DEFINITION- DIAGRAM -THE MAIN ANSWER and CONCLUSION for a 15 mks answer an exclude the INTRO – and CONCLUSION for a 5 mks answer
8) How do you crack case studies in theory and practical subjects?
I relate them to myself..i keep myself in that situation
9) Did you draw any diagram in any paper? Is it mandatory? Does it help to get more marks?
It makes one’s paper more attractive than a normal answer. I do make different diagrams . eg. Grapes, E-diagram, clouds, a flower, etc.
10)Any specific study pattern adopted i.e. timetable / how many hours per subject per day etc.?
5 days per subject.
11) How do you fight against mood swings and distractions during exam preparation?
Dance and a walk in the evening.
12) If you are made the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University, what changes would you like to initiate in Indian education system?
To keep 1 holiday after each exam. Make it Compulsory for every college to conduct prelims.
13) Many students prepare sincerely but constantly live under fear that they are not from big college / not from English medium and eventually lose confidence. What message would you like to these students?
There’s nothing that can kill you without your consent. And knowledge can be understood in any language one must know how to deliver it confidently.
14) Through this struggle and success, what have you learned? What is the wisdom of life and competition?
I have learnt that keeping faith in yourself as well keeping ourselves spiritually involved makes you a stronger person each day. We must give our best and not worry about the result. God rewards us according to our abilities.