Name: Anagha Narendran Nair
College Name: SIES (Nerul) College of Arts, Science And Commerce
Course name: BBI
Rank in TY Sem 5: 1st Rank
1) Tell us about yourself?
1) My name is Anagha Narendran Nair. I did my schooling from Fr. Agnel Multipurpose School and Jr. College and College from Sies (Nerul) College of Arts, Science and Commerce. I have learnt the classical art form of dance ‘Bharatanatyam’ for 12 years and it is one of my biggest passions apart from art, craft and designing. My parents mean the world to me and my dream is to make them proud someday.
2) How does it feel to be a Topper of the college in TY Sem V exams?
2) It feels amazing to be the topper and the best part of all this is to see my parents so happy and proud.
3) Whom will you credit your success to?
3) The credit to my success goes to my parents undoubtedly and my teachers especially Bhumika Maam, Perumal Sir, Lata Maam and all the other teachers who have taught me before.
4) Did you start preparing from the first day of your TY Sem V?
4) No, I did not prepare from the first day of Sem V.
5) How did you study for Sem V?
5) I pay attention during lectures and therefore grab most of the knowledge there. And the rest i prepare from notes and text books before the exam day.
6) Which are the easy subjects in Sem V?
6) I find all theory subjects easy like Marketing, IBF, FSM, Auditing.
7) Any special way of writing the answers? Do you write answers in bullet points or in paragraphs?
7) I stick to bullet points after starting the answer from a little introduction, meaning and definations if there are any.
8) How do you crack case studies in theory and practical subjects?
8) We did not have a lot of case studies. However, our project topic on Banking had case studies to be learnt and understood from.
9) Did you draw any diagram in any paper? Is it mandatory? Does it help to get more marks?
9) Yes, i have drawn diagrams in theory papers to explain the whole concept in a short and attractive way apart from the theory part that follows it.
10)Any specific study pattern adopted i.e. timetable / how many hours per subject per day etc.?
10) No study pattern was adopted.
11) How do you fight against mood swings and distractions during exam preparation?
11) I try to be determined due to the time constraint. But mini breaks or a nap can be of great help.
12) If you are made the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University, what changes would you like to initiate in Indian education system?
12) I would not make many changes but not sticking to only textual content and enabling students to write more from other relevant sources is something i would have considered.
13) Many students prepare sincerely but constantly live under fear that they are not from big college / not from English medium and eventually lose confidence. What message would you like to these students?
13) Continue to work hard it will eventually payoff.
14) Through this struggle and success, what have you learned? What is the wisdom of life and competition?
14) I have learnt that every bit of hard work you do will payoff someday in some or the other way. It will not get wasted even if it seems like that at present.
15) Your feedback for BBI.co.in?
15) Excellent initiative to make the students feel proud about their achievements and excellent source of motivation too.