Name – Aishwarya Sudhir Doshi
College Name – Mithibai College
Course Name – B.Com ( BANKING and INSURANCE ) – BBI
Rank in TY Sem V : 1
GPA / Percentage: 7 / 86.43%
1) Tell us about yourself?
I am from a commerce background . I have completed my junior college from Mithibai College. After junior college, i wanted to do actuarial science so the best course to compliment it was BBI and thats the reason i opted for BBI. After completing my graduation i plan to work for around 2 years and then do a post graduate course.
2) How does it feel to be a Topper of the college in TY Sem V exams?
I cannot describe it in words. It feels amazing. The feeling of seeing your parents and family so happy and proud and the reason being you is the best of all.
3) Whom will you credit your success to?
The credit goes to my mom, dad and sister, to all my college professors who have helped me out whenever i have needed their help, and to my friends.
4) Did you start preparing from the first day of your TY Sem V?
No. Not at all. I am not that kind of person to study since the first day . Yes I started studying around 1 and a half month before the board exam
5) How did you study for Sem V?
For Sem V, my personal favourite subjects were
SAPM and FRA . I was done with both these subjects before I had even started studying. The basic key to study the practical subjects is practice.
Marketing was a subject that was based on practical knowledge, i.e., our day to day life. It is very easy to understand the concepts of marketing if you connect it with your daily life.
The other theory subjects – FSM, IBF and Auditing were a bit tough for me because i personally dont like more of theory. So all I did in these subjects was understanding the concepts and writing it in my own words.
6) Which are the easy subjects in Sem V?
Since i like numbers, for me SAPM was the most easy subject.
7) Any special way of writing the answers? Do you write answers in bullet points or in paragraphs?
Answers should be written in bullet points to make it very crisp. And put as many diagrams in theory subjects as possible.
8) How do you crack case studies in theory and practical subjects?
Case studies are just to check your perception towards things. There is nothing right or wrong in a case study
9) Did you draw any diagram in any paper? Is it mandatory? Does it help to get more marks?
Diagrams are a must in theory, specially in marketing paper. Diagrams help u get more marks and increase the quality and length of your answer.
10)Any specific study pattern adopted i.e. timetable / how many hours per subject per day etc.?
There was no fixed duration that I would study but I had my targets set, i.e., number of chapters or topics to be done on a day and till that target is achieved I would study.
11) How do you fight against mood swings and distractions during exam preparation?
The worst part during studies is the distractions and mood swings you face. During mood swings if I couldn’t study I would study more the next day to cover up for the earlier one. It is impossible to completely fight distractions so to avoid them I used to concentrate more and take breaks when needed.
12) If you are made the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University, what changes would you like to initiate in Indian education system?
If I were the Vice Chancellor the system that I would have changed was that there qould be more of MCQ’s and fixed paper pattern. Specially for unaided courses, 60-40 system was the best.
13) Many students prepare sincerely but constantly live under fear that they are not from big college / not from English medium and eventually lose confidence. What message would you like to these students?
Unless you study properly there is nothing that can stop you from achieving what you deserve.
14) Through this struggle and success, what have you learned? What is the wisdom of life and competition?
My message to the upcoming students is that manage your studies well but also have fun and live your college life to the core because these days will not come back.
15) Your feedback for BBI.co.in?
I have visited BBI.co.in many times and it has helped me a lot.