Name – Sanchita deshpande
College Name – Jai hind college
Course Name – TYBBI
Rank in TY Sem V : 1st rank
GPA / Percentage: 81.14%
1) Tell us about yourself?
I completed my schooling from CBSE board. There were various openings here in colleges for commerce related courses which intrigued me, since i come from a commerce background. I joined BBI because banking & insurance is such a industry which is growing rapidly and will provide plenty of job opportunities in future. I plan to study further after my graduation, preferably in the field of banking & finance.
2) How does it feel to be a Topper of the college in TY Sem V exams?
Feels amazing ! It gave me a lot of confidence and motivation to face challenges and to perform better in the upcoming exams. When you make your parents proud.. that is indeed a beautiful feeling 🙂
3) Whom will you credit your success to?
Credit goes to my hardwork, sincerity and dedication towards studies. Also, my parents and professors who have been very motivational. They guided and supported me throughout.
4) Did you start preparing from the first day of your TY Sem V?
Not really ! But, i was regular in attending lectures and used to make my own notes in class which helped me keep in touch with the subjects right from the beginning of the session.
5) How did you study for Sem V?
Know your strong and weak subjects & prioritize well. Concentrate more on your weaker subjects & the important subjects. ‘SMART STUDYING’ is the key to score well.
6) Which are the easy subjects in Sem V?
Although practical subjects can fetch more marks, i was comfortable with theoretical subjects. FSM & marketing were easier to understand.
7) Any special way of writing the answers? Do you write answers in bullet points or in paragraphs?
Since most of the subjects were theoretical, I wrote answers in bullet points wherever possible. It gives a good impression as your answer looks neat & presentable. Also, your answer should have a ‘good content’.
8) How do you crack case studies in theory and practical subjects?
In order to crack case studies, one needs to have a thorough conceptual understanding. Once you know the concept really well- it is no big deal.
9) Did you draw any diagram in any paper? Is it mandatory? Does it help to get more marks?
I did not draw any specific diagram. But, i made flow charts wherever necessary. It helps in getting good marks as it conveys the highlights of your answer to the examiner.
10)Any specific study pattern adopted i.e. timetable / how many hours per subject per day etc.?
I believe in ‘quality studying’ rather than studying for long hours. You need to be sincere and regular with your studies.
11) How do you fight against mood swings and distractions during exam preparation?
I usually go out, have a walk for half an hour. It keeps me fresh and energized throughout the day. Apart from that, i listen to music & play games.
12) If you are made the Vice Chancellor of Mumbai University, what changes would you like to initiate in Indian education system?
The first change that i would like to initiate is to make the course more “job oriented”. What we study in the subjects is not much in-depth and does not have any practical usage. Also, i would introduce more insurance related subjects in the course because we do not get to study much about insurance as a core subject. Most of the subjects focus mainly on the banking sector.
13) Many students prepare sincerely but constantly live under fear that they are not from big college / not from English medium and eventually lose confidence. What message would you like to these students?
There are many success stories where people not from a very good background have done wonders in life. Take inspiration from such success stories. You have to have right and positive approach in life. Nobody can snatch from you what you truly deserve to get. Just stay confident and have faith in your abilities.
14) Through this struggle and success, what have you learned? What is the wisdom of life and competition?
I have learned that in order to face competition and to grow in life, you need to keep challenging yourself so as to perform better because everybody wants to be where you are today, everybody wants to be a ranker. Therefore, do not let a saturation point come in your life. Always work hard and have a positive approach. Rest is in god’s hands 🙂
15) Your feedback for BBI.co.in?
Bbi.co.in is a very informative website. It keeps us updated about the latest happenings in the education industry. I also appreciate the initiative to felicitate the toppers from every college. Great going ! Thanks.